Sunday, December 13, 2009

Practically a new kitchen!

Ok, maybe not quite. But our new backsplash sure does wonders for our kitchen. I don't have a before picture. The backsplash was just the wall. It was hard to clean and ugly. So you can just picture something ugly and hard to clean. But here's the after!





We got the tiles online from here and we LOVE them! We're not quite done. Still have some to put up. And we have to order some more because my hubby decided to become a cabinet maker!







Yes, he made that. Now we finally have somewhere to put the mixer. He just has to put on the door and then we can paint. And I think I'm tired of the white. I was thinking maybe a creamy color to try and warm up the kitchen a little. That probably won't happen until after the Holidays. It took us a month to put up tiles and we're not even done yet. The projects never end. Good thing they're lots of fun!

5 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Your kitchen looks amazing - and I love that backsplash! Clearly you've been working hard. My parents are renovating and I will definitely pass this information along to them. Keep up the good work!

Sabrina said...

That is an awesome backsplash. I hear you on the projects never ending. I guess that's home ownership for ya! I look forward to seeing your other projects.

Ryan + Jess said...

That looks awesome! Isn't it great having a handy husband?

I've always wanted to paint my cabinets. You'll have to let me know how it goes...

Helena said...

Love the tiles. Were they easier to put up than regular ones?

Leilani said...

Thanks gals!

Helena: It was super easy to put the tiles up. Prepping the wall was a pain because the wall was textured. To put the tiles up all we did was dab some construction adhesive on the back and plopped it on. My favorite part: no grout. Yes!