Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Taming shrews and Culturing children

Phew, haven't done movie/book reviews for a while.


I love art. I hope my children love art too. Why not expose art to them now! The book is Children's Book of Art. I read it to Bryant. He lasted 2 minutes. Yeah, well I tried. I wonder how they chose the different pieces for this book. Well, I really liked it. Maybe it should be renamed Parents' Book of Art.





Tonight we watched Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's Taming of the Shrew. Loved it! I have seen it before but this was the first time for Ben. I loved that the costumes and scenery were set in Shakespearean time. I loved that they didn't modernize the script. I loved Liz's big hair. I just loved it. I wonder if Liz and Rich were like that in real life (the feuding parts.) After all...they were married twice. See this, you'll love it too.

2 comments:

kimi + joe said...

Hehe, I love your subject line...and your reviews. I'll have to keep them in mind.

Crystal said...

oooh! This reminds me, I started a post about great kids' art supplies about 3 weeks ago and never finished it.

Did you ever see "10 Things I Hate About You?" I hear that is supposed to me a modern take on Taming of the Shrew, though I am not familiar with the story itself to offer my opinion on the comparisons.